My joy lies in sharing my knowledge and coaching my clients. The feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction I get from seeing my clients improve over time and becoming better after first walking into the gym is immeasurable.
Everybody’s got a story to tell
A lifelong student of martial arts since 1978, Vince has put in the time to learn from some of the world’s best fitness and martial arts instructors available.
He has been providing martial arts lesson for this community beginning in 1994 teaching Karate, later on teaching Crazy Monkey Defense in 2003 at Jalan Medang Serai, Bangsar, and the gym has grown to the present venue today: a full-time, dedicated professional training space that is clean, safe and comfortable for all members and visitors to CMD at Jalan Riong established in 2011. The gym space features light and airy atmosphere, with fully matted floors (high quality triple density HDPE Foam rated for MMA training), fully air conditioned with a pro-shop, featuring in-house designed training apparel. All necessary training equipment is provided for the convenience of our members.
I am constantly seeking out better teachers to improve my communication and presentation skills, technical abilities and how to help my clients become better than they were yesterday in both group and private training settings. I seek out safer, more effective methods from people who know more than me and are subject matter experts so that I can share those experiences and knowledge to improve you. Although I have been training for a while I do not claim to know it all; it’s impossible, I don’t think that highly of myself so any accomplishments and successes are achieved by standing on the shoulders of giants; my sensei, sifu, coach, professors, masters, teachers, guides, mentors, clients, students and support team.
What to expect training at this gym
It’s pretty nerve-wracking the first time walking into a martial arts gym. You don’t know what to expect and unsure of how you will be received.
Know that you will never be treated like a punchbag or bullied. We are here to empower individuals and provide education on why bullying is wrong. We provide a safe learning environment to build trust and to expose our vulnerabilities. We share this experience together and seek a win-win outcome for everyone. The desired goal is to discover the weakest links of your game as well as the strengths to build on. This may be uncomfortable for some but very necessary to have a clear understanding of your present capabilities.
Whether it is in the martial art or fitness program we constantly remind ourselves that once we were beginners too. If you are looking to lose a few kilo, tone up and get in shape with longevity and overall wellness in mind then give us a try. If you want to get huge, body build, smash PR’s then you’ll be better off at a body building or crossfit-type gym. We don’t provide yoga or pilates either but have yoga and pilates instructors as our private training clients.
We aim to provide a professional learning experience based on a fair monetary exchange subject to market forces so you know that our rates are competitive and fair. After all, we have rent to pay, staff salaries and taxes to pay too. We encourage people of all ages and walks of life to try our programs but also realise that not everyone likes what we do nor are the programs suitable for them so there is a trial period for us to get to know each other.
Much work and effort is committed in building a family-feel community where we joke with and tease each other but we are also there to support one another. We are not here to put each other down, life already does a good job at that, rather we try to boost each other to get through another day. By all means, we are not the only way to achieve this but it’s a healthier way to deal with life’s unexpected punches and kicks.
I look forwards to meeting you if you are considering trying out any of the programs at our facility.
Please reach out to us or any of our Front Desk team, coaching team for any questions you may have and we will try our best to address your queries.
My martial arts and fitness related training history below:
Martial arts training | Instructor:
- Chin Woo Wushu Southern Shaolin Long Fist style (MY) : various
- Judo (MY) : The late Grandmaster Goh Thong Mong
- Shotokan Karate (GB/USA) : Mill Hill Karate Club (Sean & Laurie), KUGB, SKIF-UK (Nick Adamou), SKIF-USA (Charles & Stephanie Baker, Fujishima) SKIF-Hawaii (Francis Fong, Ed Kiyuna, Ron Awa)
- Karate Association of Hawaii, Funakoshi Shotokan Karate Association (USA) : Kevin Funakoshi
- Ishinryu Karate (GB) : Vic Charles
- Gojukai Karate (GB) : Chris Rowen
- Shitoryu Karate (MY): Lee Chee Keong
- Danzenryu Jujitsu (USA) : Kainoa Li
- Kissakikai Karate (MY) : Vince Morris
- Koryu Uchinadi (MY) : Nobert Foerster
- Shorinji Kempo (GB) : Mizuno Sensei
- Muso Shindo Ryu Iaido (USA) : Takahashi Eiichi / Tom Helm
Traditional Japanese Karate | Year : Association : Sensei
- 1983 : British Shotokan Shinboku Karate Association 1st Dan black belt : Charles Mack
- Shotokan Karate International Federation 2nd Dan black belt : Kanazawa Hirokazu
- Shotokan Karate International Federation 3rd Dan black belt : Kanazawa H.
- Shotokan Karate International Federation 4th Dan black belt : Kanazawa H.
- Nov 1997 : Kissaki-kai Karate-do 4th Dan black belt : Vince Morris
- Jan 2003 : Kissaki-kai Karate-do 5th Dan black belt : Vince Morris
- 2013 : S.E.R.T. Certified Pistol Operator : Raymond Loh, Kelvin Lee
- 2014 : S.E.R.T. Defensive Handgun Certified (1) : Raymond Loh, Kelvin Lee